Semen is the fluid component of the male reproductive system which contains the spermatozoa (sperm) and many men experience deficiencies in sperm volume, sperm count and sperm density. However, medicine is prescribed and these usually contain vitamins to increase sperm count. These pills can help regulate the above mentioned deficiencies and so on, within the scope of male fertility we come across many issues and in order to understand how to fix them we need to understand what the exact root cause is. Keep reading our SF HIV Prevention Section to get know more about it.
Mentioned below would be a few common terms to help familiarize with this topic:
- Sperm – Sperm is the male reproductive cell, it contains one chromosome either the “X” chromosome or “Y” chromosome.
- Semen – A white fluid secreted by males due to physical or sexual stimulation. It contains sperm, fructose and a few other essential enzymes that ensure that the sperms journey to the egg is as successful as possible.
- Semen volume – The average volume found in adult males varies from 1.5 to 5.0 milliliter per ejaculation, with at least 60% of the sperm in a viable state which means that it must be functional.
- Sperm density – In an average male, sperm density can range from 15 million to about 200 million sperm per milliliter of semen. If the reported sperm density is lower than the above mentioned amount that would mean that the individual has a lower sperm count.
All of the above mentioned terms can be tested for by providing sperm for a semen analysis, this could help diagnose or find any issues with the semen. This test is often referred to as the “male fertility test” and tracks the amount of sperm released, the motility (capability of sperm movement) and overall shape of the sperm.
How to produce a lot of semen?
With age, hormone imbalances and other genetic factors men experience problems with the fertility factor and these could be issues with sperm count, force of ejaculation, amount of ejaculate and quality of sperm.
There are a few natural remedies and other ways to balance this issue out, however these do not guarantee a perfect answer. The natural remedies include:
- Getting from 8-9 hours of quality sleep each night, which could help regulate hormones more efficiently. As studies have shown, getting into a regular sleeping pattern can help produce a higher sperm count, sperm with better shape and motility and increase ejaculation volume.
- Exercise, regular exercise of moderate amounts can help produce better quality and better quantities of sperm. Being overweight, obese and even being over active (doing hard exercises very frequently) lowers the percentage of healthy sperm in quality and quantity as it impacts the hormonal system.
- Long term smoking leads to lower sperm density, sperm count and also sperm quality. So avoiding smoking is a good idea in general, due to the other potential diseases it can lead to such as heart diseases and cancer due to nicotine, carcinogens and other harmful substances present in a cigarette.
- Staying hydrated and getting plenty of nutrient rich food with ingredients such as zinc, magnesium, L-Arginine, folic acid, Vitamin E and essential proteins could lead to a raise sperm count, an increase in seminal fluid and even seminal volume.
Another alternative would be to use semen enhancer pills and tablets, which are available in the market. These products contain natural essentials such as vitamins and nutrients which help in the male fertility enhancement process by boosting sperm count, seminal volume and other semen related issues.
Best male fertility supplements
Within the pharmaceutical world they have devised a few male fertility supplements to help males facing fertility issues, these products however lack conclusive scientific evidence due to low amounts of human drug trials conducted. That being said there are products available in the market that could help patients “produce more cum”, which have received strong reviews and feedback from males who have had their issues sorted out. Some of the best available sperm boosters and “increase sperm” volume pill reviews include:
Semenax is an orally taken product which is said to be a male enhancement product which boosts the intensity of orgasms and the seminal volume. A bottle contains 120 pills, these pills should be taken as 4 daily pills along with food. Semenax is only $60 but the customer reviews and guarantees are reliable.Ingredients include; Swedish flower pollen, L-arginine HCL, L-lysine, Epimedium sagittatum (horny goat weed), zinc oxide and zinc aspartate, L-carnitine and Vitamin E.
|Clinically proven to increase quality and quantity of semen||Results may show after a week or two, therefore no immediate effect|
|Most of the ingredients are natural||May require a doctor’s advice|
|Also boosts libido|
A few testimonials:
Volume Pills include a 100% natural amino acids and select herbal concentrates to produce a very potent pill which makes this a non-prescription drug. They also offer a guarantee which states that if the required volume is not achieved that the company would offer a refund provided that the empty containers are returned within 67 days. The pricing for this product from the official website (sold at a lower price than the official retail price in America) would be as below:
|1 month (60 tablets)||$65.95|
|2 months (120 tablets)||$110.95|
|3 months (180 tablets)||$160.95|
|6 months (360 tablets)||$250.95|
|12 months (620 tablets)||$348.95|
Ingredients include: Solidilin, a mixture of Xi lan rou gui and Hong Hua fen, Dong Chong Xia Cao, Ku Gua, 4, 5, 7 Trihydroxy flavone and Embilica officinalis, San guo mu, Zinc Gluconate, Ling Zhi, Xian Mao, Tian Men Dong, Fucus Vesiculosus and Drilling. *All above mentioned herbs and chemicals are tested for purity before sent for production.*
|Testosterone production is boosted||Herbs can cause allergies|
|Visible proof of increased semen production||Long term usage could develop resistance among other effects|
|Longer lasting erections|
|Orgasms are more intense|
|Herbs are used, therefore the damage on the organs is minimized in comparison to chemical only based drugs|
A few testimonials:
Fertility Factor 5
Fertility factor is a product that must be taken regularly, the steady usage leads to an increase sperm count and sperm volume in individuals who experience infertility or can produce low amounts of sperm.Each bottle contains thirty capsules, in terms of daily dosage one or two pills should be ingested every day either in the morning or before a heavy meal, along with a glass of lukewarm water.
Ingredients include: LJ100, Panax Ginseng, Zinc, Selenium and BioPerine.
|Can be used at any age as long as the consumer is an adult||Long term usage may build resistance or even cause other health issues|
|Optimal for couples looking to conceive|
|All ingredients have been clinically purified and validated before production|
A few testimonials:
Ultraload utilizes only the best ingredients available in the market and they have designed their product to be able to help the male body increase blood flow, as well as increase testosterone and semen production.Through daily consumption, this product could take up to 21 days for the effects to show, with the best possible results appearing after 3 months.
Ingredients include: L- Citrulline, Black Maca, Shilajit, Pine Bark Extract, Vitamin B6, Vitamin B12, Zinc and Bioperine.
|Free shipping in USA and worldwide (for 3 and 6 month supplies only)||The product take 3 months to provide the best results|
|Increased sperm, libido, orgasms and erections||The formula must be taken daily|
|No recorded side effects||Quite expensive as a long term option|
A few testimonials:
An herbal complex which guarantees safe and natural means to help balance out sexual issues, infertility and sexual performance. This product is quite convenient, it contains 3 easy-to-swallow capsules which must be taken every day. This is best taken with a meal but taking it on an empty stomach would do no harm either due to the nature of the ingredients used, since the ingredients used are not irritants.
Ingredients include: Muira Puama, KSM-66 Ashwagandha, Ferrous Bisglycinate, Maca Root Extract, Panax Ginseng, Barrenwort (English term for, Horny Goat Weed), Pine Bark Extract, Glucuronolactone and Grape Seed Extract.
|Increased sperm, libido, orgasms and erections||Herbal ingredients may trigger allergy reactions|
|Penis will experience a slight increase in girth and length|
|Safe, natural, soy free, grain free, dairy free, and made with clinical-quality ingredients|
A few testimonials:
This is a potent semen enhancer that uses only organic components. Semenoll is a dietary supplement that enhances male fertility without causing any negative side effects. Additionally, it boosts male confidence and eliminates typical infertility problems that can occasionally be disastrous. It also enhances your general sexual performance.
Semenoll contains only natural ingredients to minimize risks to general health. Semenoll is made up of seven components:
- Maca Root (Peruvian Ginseng extract (900mg)
- Zinc oxide (9 mg)
- Muira puama (45 milligrams)
- Bindii (Tribulus terrestris 1107 mg)
- Pumpkin seed extract (22.5mg)
- L-Arginine Hydrochloride (44.6 mg)
- L-Lysine Hydrochloride (36mg)
|One bottle + free shipping||$59.95|
|Three bottles + free shipping||$119.95|
|Five bottles + free shipping||$179.95|
|Eight bottles + free shipping||$279.95|
Seven chemicals make up Semenoll, which helps men have more sperm, have better sexual health, and the total wellbeing. On the essential areas of sexual health, it acts with multiple action. It raises sperm quality, enhances fertility, and enhances sexual performance. A container of Semenoll contains 90 capsules. The company advises taking three capsules a day, one after each meal. The shelf life of a bottle is one month. Women and kids are not supposed to take Semenoll.
Due to the mixture of different (but all natural) ingredients, people react to Semenoll in various ways. However, there is no sign of any life-threatening side effects. By the way, there is a 100-day money-back guarantee, and it’s available for customers that didn’t open the bottles.
|Increases the quality of sperm produced||Some ingredients may cause allergic reactions.|
|Boosts your sexual performance||There isn’t a free sample for trying this product.|
|Improves fertility of men||It may interact with other prescription drugs.|
|Makes your loads bigger|
A few testimonials:
A closer look at some of the herbal ingredients used
- Epimedium sagittatum
A Chinese herb that is used to treat conditions such as hay fever, atherosclerosis, nerve pain fatigue and erectile dysfunction.
- Swedish Flower Pollen
This extract is an ingredient in a standardized Swedish natural product that contains both pollen and pistils from Poaceae family of grasses. It is used to increase testosterone levels in males and to relieve premenstrual and menopausal symptoms in females. Since this is derived from pollen it is very possible for people with pollen allergies to develop an allergic reaction.
- Xi lan rou gui
Another Chinese herb which is extracted from cinnamon bark, this extract is used to improve blood circulation and oral health.
- Hong Hua fen
Honghua, the dried florets of Carthamus tinctorius L., has been used extensively in in herbal Chinese medication to treat strokes, coronary heart disease and improve blood circulation.
The medical worlds approach to male infertility
As for how fast acting semen volume enhancer pills are it solely depends on the product, the quality of the brand and the consumer. If the consumer is allergic to some of the ingredients, in the latter stages of life or genetically predisposed to be fully infertile or produce lower levels of testosterone than normal, a specific product or procedure would be more effective. However, most doctors advice against the use of volume enhancer pills due to the pills having passed or failed only a small criteria of drug trials to confirm its efficiency.
Instead they would opt to promote and provide more natural remedies. Sometimes doctors may even offer surgery as an alternative for congenital issues with the male genitalia. Based on the severity of the problem the doctor may provide natural remedies which often include dietary changes, lifestyle changes and even mild medication for minor issues regarding sperm count, seminal fluid volume and force of ejaculation.
On the major side of complications the doctor might spend time with patient and even the partner to find the root cause of the problem and treat it accordingly and effectively. Listed below are some instances where a professional opinion is better suited than home remedies and quick fixes:
- Lack of libido and sexual energy:
If the patient is in a committed relationship and is experiencing this problem a strong factor would be a genetic cause or even old age, however issues arising from lack of intimacy, sexual attraction, psychological or emotional instability and even general unhappiness with the relationship/ partner could lead a doctor to recommend a therapist or counsellor to intervene and help get thing back on the right path. Since volume medication and Viagra cannot identify or fix this issue (since most partners are oblivious to this) it is highly recommended to visit a doctor prior to volume medication usage.
- Congenital issues and problems related to the prostate:
A congenital issue is an abnormality or a defect present from the time of an individual’s birth, these congenital issues could come in many different ways including within the genital system of males and females. Congenital issues in males include:
- Spermatogenesis – Interferes with the individual’s ability to produce healthy sperm because of hormonal issues. This occurs when the hypothalamus releases a pulse of gonadotrophin-releasing hormone which in turn release of pituitary luteinizing hormone (LH) and follicle stimulating hormone.
- Azoospermia – This is the medical term provided for when there are no sperm present in the ejaculate. This disease has two variants where, Obstructive azoospermia would mean that there is a blockage present in the genital system which prevents the sperm from moving out of the testis and into the semen, Non-obstructive azoospermia would mean that the overall sperm production in the testis is incredibly low and this is usually caused by low levels of testosterone. Although this may seem like a daunting disease the effects are reversible and most couples do move on to naturally conceive children after the treatments. The downside to the treatments available would be the cost since most of the available methods are related to surgery or hormone therapy.
- Oligospermia – This disease results in the production of low quality sperm and often results in a low sperm count of healthy and viable sperm. This inhibits the motility, effectiveness and overall function of the sperm. However, with surgery, hormone therapy and medication these effects can be reversed and the sperm count can be raised.
- Kleinfelter syndrome – This happens when a male is born with an extra “X” chromosome, resulting in a genotype and genetic composition of “XXY” for a total of 47 chromosomes. The symptoms for this disease are usually visible and easily identifiable: small and firm testes, a small penis, irregularities with body hair growth, enlarged breasts (called gynecomastia) and abnormal body proportions. A diagnosis for this disease can be conducted through hormone level testing and karyotype analysis (also known as chromosome analysis). Treatments for this disease mostly include hormone treatments.
Understanding and diagnosing the issue is the most important step when it comes to fixing infertility, since many forms of medication, herbal remedies and procedures are available for the correct disease. Misdiagnoses and mistreatments are always common in the medical world regardless of the affliction. However, it is safer to approach infertility this way rather than taking a risk with low quality volume medication. If opting for volume medication, always try and get the best possible product for your specific needs. Yes, sometimes it would mean spending a little extra money to guarantee the best results. But this is a long term investment for the body and fertility, and it’s definitely worth it.
Fertility & Sperm Volume Enhancer pills FAQ
- How Fast Do Semen Volume Enhancer Pills Work?
This depends on the type of product and brand that is used. However it is advised to use products that take time produce results due over quick fix products. Since this would result in minimal side effects, resistance and guarantees long term success.
- How much zinc to increase sperm volume?
Zinc has been scientifically proven to increase the quality and quantity of sperm in males with low sperm counts, low sperm volume and even infertile males. A daily intake of 11mg of zinc would be enough to produce long lasting effects as it impacts and influences testosterone production.
- How to boost your semen volume?
There are natural remedies, pills and other herbal remedies available. However, the usage of these available aids are based on preference. Most doctors would recommend natural remedies which focus on dietary changes, lifestyle changes and clear communication with the partner.
- What is Lecithin?
Lecithin has not been proven to increase semen volume or directly influence fertility. However it is safe to consume as it offers a few health benefits but these benefits are unrelated to sexual function, semen volume and fertility.
- What is Hyperspermia?
Hyperspermia is a condition in which a man produces a larger than normal volume of semen. Semen is the fluid a man ejaculates during orgasm. It contains sperm, along with fluid from the prostate gland. Causes for this include a large gap between sexual activity (a few months or years), infection in the prostate, usage of volume pills to boost sexual performance and the use of steroids.
- What is Pygeum extract?
Pygeum is an extract from the African tree bark “Prunus africana”. This can be consumed by incorporating it into tea, supplements and extracts. Pygeum is primarily used to treat issues related to the prostate such as prostate enlargement and prostate cancer. It also has benefits for the urinary system and urinary tract which helps with nighttime urination (frequent nocturnal urination or bed wetting), poor urination (lack of power or quality of urine), fever, malaria and even kidney diseases. However, there are no traces of admissible scientific evidence proving that Pygeum extracts do in fact promote testosterone production, increase sperm count and increase semen volume.
- What Should I Look for When Choosing a Semen Volume Enhancer Pill?
When selecting semen volume enhancing pills it is advised to refer multiple sources and observe many reviews. Most of the positive comments could be from product promoters and even bots, instead focus on the ratio between negative and positive feedback. Another key factor to keep in mind would be to only make semen volume enhancement medication from the official websites as opposed to the local drugstore, supermarket or even pharmacy. Since many counterfeit options have saturated the market, it is advised to make purchases from the original product website since this not only ensures the quality of the product but it also comes with the guarantees of the company in terms of success rates and shipping.
- Does the Pill Offer Minimal Side Effects?
Most of the semen volume enhancement medication companies/ brands advertise, guarantee and prove (through customer reviews, clinical trials and ingredient certification) that the side effects faced would be minimum or would not show up at all. This is due to the steady usage of herbal ingredients which have been trusted and used for centuries mixed with safe doses of essential nutrients such as Zinc, Selenium, Vitamin B, Vitamin B12, Vitamin E and Magnesium. Since most of the essential nutrients are available in our daily diets a little extra would not be harmful, resulting in minimal to no side effects. However, since herbal ingredients are used it is not uncommon to have consumers develop (known or unknown) allergies, so it is advised to run an allergy test on some of the ingredients if possible before consuming the products or recommending the products.
- What are diet changes that help increase sperm count?
Based on preliminary studies, extensive studies and recommendations a list of food that should be avoided if hoping to boost fertility will be provided below:
- Processed meat – Ham, Sausage, Hot dogs, Pepperoni, Beef jerky, Deli meats, including roast beef and turkey
- Foods with Trans fats – Baked goods such as cakes, cookies and pies, Shortening, Microwave popcorn, Frozen pizza, Refrigerated dough (biscuits and rolls), Fried food (French fries, microwaved popcorn, doughnuts and fried chicken), Non-dairy coffee creamer
- Soy products
- High-fat dairy products
- Foods with pesticides
- Foods packaged with bisphenol-A (BPA)
In conclusion volume pills are effective and contain minimal side effects, if purchased from the original website. These pills can be a relatively cost effective option in comparison complicated medical procedures. However, it is advised and highly recommended to seek professional healthcare, advice and treatments from doctors specializing in this particular area.
As SFHIV/San Francisco Department of Public Health claims, since doctors are aware of available risks and hazards when it comes to infertility treatments, they are the ones best equipped to provide the necessary “do’s and don’ts” regarding this area of interest. Since infertility can stem from multiple causes either hormonal, congenital or even due to radiation treatment for cancer it is best to do tests to find the exact root of the problem. After all, changes or damage done to a man’s reproductive system could impact him psychologically so it is best to approach with caution and care.
Genetic causes of male infertility. (n.d.). Retrieved from Women and Infants: https://fertility.womenandinfants.org/services/male-infertility/genetic-disorders-infertility-in-men
Klinefelter syndrome. (n.d.). Retrieved from Mayoclinic: https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/klinefelter-syndrome/diagnosis-treatment/drc-20353954
M.D., J. M. (2018, May 01). What Causes Weak Ejaculation and How Is It Treated? Retrieved from healthline: https://www.healthline.com/health/mens-health/weak-ejaculation
Mandal, D. A. (2021, January 20). Increasing Semen Volume. Retrieved from News Medical- Life Sciences: https://www.news-medical.net/health/Increasing-Semen-Volume.aspx
VigRX Fertility Factor 5 Review – Is It Worth the Money to Buy? (2021, September 09).
Retrieved from Federal Way Mirror: https://www.federalwaymirror.com/national-marketplace/vigrx-fertility-factor-5-review-is-it-worth-the-money-to-buy/
Wilson, D. R. (2018, September 17). Everything You Need to Know About Pygeum. Retrieved from Healthline: https://www.healthline.com/health/food-nutrition/pygeum