Hair follicle drug tests are less common compared to urinalysis, but they still do come up in 2022. They are arguably the most reliable method of testing, but still you can beat them. So, how to pass a hair follicle drug test? Well, there are some methods out there that you can use. But beware: not all the stuff will work here, hair detox is a hard thing to do.
Hair tests are known to be very effective when it comes to rooting out drug use. It can also be challenging to get around this type of test, especially if you’re a frequent marijuana user. Still, thousands of cannabis enthusiasts go through this process each year, and many of them manage to test negative.
So, how can you beat a hair follicle drug test in a short time, like those individuals? In this article, we’ll walk you through practical methods for successfully winning your upcoming hair test. Keep reading our San Francisco HIV health services Section to get know more about it.
Aloe Toxin Rid Shampoo + Zydot Ultra Clean
Zydot Ultra Clean Shampoo
What is A Hair Follicle Drug Test?
A hair follicle drug test is a drug testing method used to screen for both illicit and non-illicit substances. It can detect illegal drug use and the exploitation of legal substances such as marijuana and prescription medication.
Hair tests involve taking a small hair sample (at least 1.5 inches) from the head. The sample then goes through an examination process. This process can determine if the test sample has signs of consumed drug substances in the past three months (90 days).
What Can A Hair Drug Test Detect?
A hair sample can give away the presence of drug substances for as long as three months after the last usage. It can detect a variety of chemicals; some of the most notable ones are:
Chances are, the reason you’re reading this article is that you’re a canna-enthusiast. While cannabis is legal in more states than ever before, many employers may still frown upon its use. For some, it can be nerve-wracking since marijuana use doesn’t have any adverse effect on their job performance.
Hair Follicle Drug Test Detection Times
So, how long does marijuana stay in your hair follicles? Well, the answer is, it can remain really long. Hair tests have the most extended detection times for THC compared to other drug testing methods. Urine can only unearth THC for 3 – 30 days, depending on use frequency. Hair follicles, on the other hand, can analyse marijuana use for up to 90 days. That’s right; your hair can still give away your cannabis use three months since your last smoke.
Pros and Cons of A Hair Follicle Drug Test
Why Do Employers Use Hair Follicle Drug Tests?
For many companies, the main reason for choosing hair follicles testing as the mandatory drug test is its longer detection time. A hair sample can reveal drug habits inside a 90-day detection window, allowing employers to identify which employees or candidates have issues with substance abuse. Since THC and weed stay in your hair follicles for long, employers may initiate these testings at random to catch their employees off guard.
Let’s look at the Pros and Cons of a hair follicle drug test to understand better why your employers would prefer this method over urine, saliva, or blood testings.
How Can You Beat A Hair Follicle Drug Test?
When it comes to removing THC from your hair just in time for your test, there are many different methods out there that you can try, not just Old Style Aloe Toxin Rid Shampoo . These methods will attempt to detox your body, particularly your head and hair, so you’ll come out negative when it’s time for your hair test.
Eliminating THC From Your Hair
There are two primary ways to detox your hair from any consumed drug substances: standalone detox products such as shampoos and DIY detox remedies.
Of course, if time permits it, the best course of action would be to completely abstain from any forms of drug use for at least 90 days. Abstinence is the most sure-fire way to beat your hair follicle drug test, so first, you might want to consider that.
Let’s start with the most effective ways to clear THC from your hair.
Hair Detox Products
There’s an abundance of detox products aimed at eliminating THC circulating the market. Many of them are very effective, which is why they’re the first choice for many cannabis consumers.
Here’s our list of the best detox shampoo to pass a hair follicle drug test.
Old Style Aloe Toxin Rid Shampoo
The Toxin Rid detox shampoo is arguably the most popular detox product for getting rid of THC in a short amount of time. Old Style Aloe Toxin Rid Shampoo has been a famous brand for passing a hair test and other drug testing methods, like saliva and urinalysis. Though it comes with a rather costly price tag, its effectiveness has been tested time and again.
This shampoo is used to pass a hair drug test in 24 hours (1 day). You can use it on your scheduled test day to get your desired results. To make the most out of this product, you’ll want to use it every day for 3 – 10 days. The heavier a user you are, the more days you’ll have to use this to ensure a clean result.
- It’s proven to be one of the most effective detox shampoos for passing a hair follicle drug test. You’ll find stellar reviews all over the web from past users.
- Its formulation is specifically designed for removing all toxic substances, drug residues, and impurities, allowing for a thorough and effective detox.
- It’s potent enough to help you pass in just 24 hours, especially if you’re an infrequent cannabis user.
- It doesn’t come cheap. For some outlets, it could get as high as $300 for a single shampoo.
Zydot Ultra Clean Shampoo
Zydot’s Ultra Clean comes in a close second. This shampoo is another popular product that’s been a go-to for many canna-users trying to detox just in time for their hair test. It’s more affordable compared to Toxin Rid, yet, it can be almost as effective.
It comes with an internal hair purifying treatment and a conditioner. After applying the shampoo, the purifier is followed up to penetrate and clean the scalp. The conditioner is then used to add sheen and conceal the hair detox attempt.
This product might be slower at removing drug residues compared to Toxin Rid. However, if paired with an effective drug detox method such as The Macujo, it can even be more effective.
- It has an affordable price tag for a reliable product.
- If paired with a drug detox method like the Macujo, it can be an excellent detoxification tool.
- Its ability to remove hair drug residues has undergone scientific tests and is proven to be effective.
- The content of one package may not be enough for users with thick and long hair. If you have lots of hair, you may need to purchase at least two packs.
High-Voltage Folli Cleanse Detox Shampoo
Another product that’s been making waves across the cannabis community is the High-Voltage Detox Shampoo. While not as popular as the two products mentioned above, many still turn to this product for a practical detox. Compared to Old Style Aloe Toxin Rid and Ultra Clean, High-Voltage is the cheapest, coming in only at $35.
Keep in mind that when it comes to detox products, you do get what you paid for. Still, many online claims and reviews put this product among one of the best detox shampoos out there.
- Like Ultra Clean, this product has scientific backing for its effectiveness at removing hair drug residues.
- It’s been known to be gentle to the hair and skin. It’s not likely to damage your hair or cause burns.
- Very affordable with a price tag of just over $30. Compare that to other alternatives that cost $200 or more.
DIY Detox Home Remedies
Apart from hair detox products, another way to eliminate THC substances in your hair is to use home remedies. These methods can provide the best results since they incorporate other ingredients apart from standalone detox shampoos.
These methods use many ingredients that you can find at home, such as baking soda, vinegar, detergents, and lemon juice.
Keep in mind that while they produce your desired results, these methods take longer to do compared to just using a hair follicle drug testing shampoo. Still, if you have a lot of time before your test day, you can give these methods a try.
The two widely used home remedy techniques are The Macujo and the Jerry G methods. You can also execute these methods while using a detox product to increase their efficacy further.
The Macujo Method
Using this method is easy, though it takes longer to prepare and carry out than simply applying shampoo. You will need to gather these ingredients:
- Warm water
- Goggles, shower caps, and disposable gloves
- Liquid Tide detergent
- Clean and Clear Wash
- Detox shampoo of your choice
- Zydot Ultra Clean
To successfully execute The Macujo Method, do these following steps:
- Refrain from any form of drug use. This step is a no-brainer since you don’t want to make your detox a lot harder.
- Gather all of the ingredients, then begin rinsing your hair thoroughly.
- Take out the vinegar and massage it into your scalp.
- Without washing, add the Clean and Clear, applying simply to your hair. Leave it there with a shower cap for 30 minutes.
- Rinse thoroughly, then use the detox shampoo of your choice (preferably Toxin Rid) twice.
- After applying the detox shampoo, wash your hair with the help of the Tide detergent.
- Use the Zydot Ultra Clean shampoo for the final wash. Make sure to follow the right steps when using Zydot for the best result.
- You’ll need to do this at least three times. The last one is on the morning of your test day.
Aloe Toxin Rid Shampoo + Zydot Ultra Clean
Zydot Ultra Clean Shampoo
The Jerry G Method
The Jerry G is a somewhat more widely used method than The Macujo due to its ability to produce faster results. Like The Macujo, this technique must be complemented by a detox shampoo, preferably the aloe-based Toxin Rid.
To use this method, you’ll need to gather these ingredients:
- Hydrogen Peroxide bleach
- Ammonia-based hair dye
- Detox shampoo (ideally Toxin Rid)
- Zydot ultra clean shampoo
- Baking soda
- New combs and towels
To successfully execute the Jerry G., do these following steps:
- As with the Macujo method, refrain from using drugs ten days before you start this process.
- Complete the first bleach and dye procedure to begin breaking down the cuticle and expose the follicle center.
- After performing the first bleach and dye, wash your hair with a toxin rid/detox shampoo. Remember that each shampoo will have its application method. Make sure to follow the proper steps of applying the shampoo of your choice.
- Wait for ten days, then repeat this procedure – mixing the bleach and dye and washing it away with a detox shampoo.
- On the morning of the test day, create a thick mushy paste with the baking soda. Apply it thoroughly to your hair from the tip to the scalp before washing it away entirely.
- After getting rid of the baking soda from your hair, apply another round of your detox shampoo.
- Finally, use Zydot’s Ultra Clean as a final wash before going through your hair follicle test later in the day.
Tricks That Don’t Help You Pass A Hair Follicle Drug Test
Now that we’ve covered the methods that work, let’s talk about those that don’t.
There are a lot of myths about some “tricks” lying around that are supposedly effective for coming out negative on a hair follicle test.
As SFHIV/San Francisco Department of Public Health claims, these tricks or hacks may look simple, but don’t get your hopes up. Almost all of them just simply don’t work. Here are the most common myths to watch out for:
Simple Bleaching is Enough To Fool Tests
Bleaching is, in fact, a part of a widely-known detox solution. But, alone, it won’t help you fool lab testers. Having a new look doesn’t change your hair’s chemical content.
You might have come across someone claiming that bleaching alone can work. The truth is, the success rate of this method is meager. And you’d be better off pairing it with a full-blown Jerry G.
Besides, you wouldn’t want to do repeated bleaches as it could certainly damage your hair.
A Complete Head Shave Can Do The Trick
Some people may think that going completely bald is enough to save them from a dreaded positive result. After all, hair tests need hair samples of at least 1.5 inches, right?
Well, the downside to going bald is that it’s a dead giveaway that you’re attempting to avoid your test, which doesn’t look good, as far as your employer is concerned.
If you choose to go after this option, be prepared to come up with a good excuse. Otherwise, it could foster mistrust between you and your employer, leading to consequences you’d rather not endure. Besides, the testers can most likely just take a sample from the other hair growth on your body.
Just Stay Away From Cannabis, And You’ll Be Fine
The first step of any detox method is, of course, to stay away from using any drugs. But that’s all it is – a step.
Some people may believe that simply stopping drugs for a couple of days is enough to come out negative on a test day. Of course, you already know that this is wrong.
As mentioned above, it can take as long as 90 days for cannabis to stay in your system. So, abstaining from it below the 30 – 90 day detection period just won’t work.
Frequently Asked Questions About Hair Follicle Detox
THC and weed stay in your hair follicles for long, and they might stay there long enough to place you at risk of detection. Removing them using a hair follicle drug testing shampoo or a popular drug detox method is the way to go.
Here are some of the most frequently asked questions when it comes to detoxing your hair:
What’s the Most Effective Way To Detox Just in Time?
Every individual reacts differently to all types of detox products and procedures. Your best bet would be to look for the ones that have the most positive reception. When it comes to detox products, Toxin Rid and Ultra Clean are two of the most popular to their proven results.
While you can rely on detox shampoos, if you have time on your hands, you can opt for a full-blown detox technique, such as the Jerry G. and The Macujo. Both are widely used, but the Jerry G. method receives better reception due to the faster results.
What Happens If You Have A Bald Head?
Testers prefer hair samples taken from the head, but if the person is naturally bald or is a regular shaver, testers will resort to other options. Many people still grow thick hair on different parts of their bodies, such as their legs and armpits. The hair found on these may be enough to pass the 1.5-inch minimum hair sample needed to conduct the test.
Should I Also Use Detox Pills Along With My Hair Detox?
While it may be tempting to take detox pills to increase your chances of removing hair metabolites, they don’t affect that portion of your body at all. The only way you’ll be able to remove the THC or any drug residues from your head is to break open your hair shaft and manually root them out. This is done by using chemicals such as bleaches, dyes, and detox shampoos specifically formulated to remove metabolites from your hair shaft.