Wondering, how long does THC stay in your system? The detection window depends on a few factors. Firstly, it depends on different parts of your body because the detection window of drugs varies depending on where they are in your system. When it comes to bodily fluids such as urine, saliva, and blood, they can stay in your system for a period of 24 hours to 30 days. Do you want to know how to get weed out of your system?
Detection windows for urine drug testing
- 72 hours for irregular users (twice or thrice a week)
- Five days to 1 week for moderate users (four times a week)
- 10 to 15 days for frequent or regular users (every day)
- More than 30 days for frequent heavy users (more than twice a day)
Mega Clean + PreCleanse Pills
Detection windows for saliva drug testing
- 24 hours to 3 days for irregular users
- Up to 29 days for frequent users
The THC detection window can be up to 2 days for blood testing. However, THC has been detected after 25 days in some cases of heavy users.
The detection window significantly lengthens when it comes to your hair follicles because they can stay in your hair follicles for up to 90 days.
Secondly, it depends on the dose or quantity you take. The more you smoke or ingest cannabis or marijuana, the longer its detection window in your system and vice versa.
Thirdly, the frequency of drug usage also affects the detection window of that drug in your system. For instance, the detection window of a drug in the system from passive smoking or ingesting weed or cannabis occasionally will be significantly shorter than that of the person who smokes or ingest it often.
In summary, how long weed stays in your system depends on what you’re testing (hair follicles, urine, blood, or saliva), frequency of usage, and dosage. (from The Beckley Foundation Drug Policy Programme)
How Long to Get Weed Out of Your System?
Your method of THC detox( how to detox from weed) determines how long it can take to get weed out of your system. The fastest way to clean out your system for a drug test in 24 hours usually gets the job done in time. Abstinence is one way to get weed out of your system. Other ways include detox drinks for weed, home remedies, etc.
How to Choose the Best Way to Detox your Body from Marijuana?
1. Time to Test
If it’s a urine test and you have just a few days to prepare, you can go for fake urine products. Alternatively, a home remedy is consuming lots of water or fluids such as fruit juice and apple cider vinegar to detox cleanse for drug tests. These drug metabolites come out through your sweat, urine, and stool. So the more you urinate, the more you get THC out of your body.
For maximum efficiency, structure your detox plan a few days ahead of the usual time frame it takes for marijuana cleanse.
2. Body Weight
Detox pills and detox drinks for weed will work for individuals with different body weights, but it will take longer for fat people because the fat in their body keeps the THC in their system for longer. Detox diets help heavier individuals to lose some weight in the process. So if you’re a heavier individual, you should begin your marijuana detox plan ahead of the usual time frame it will take to get weed out of your system.
3. Marijuana Use Frequency
If you use weed or marijuana occasionally or moderately, your detox plan will vary from someone who uses it frequently. The detox plan for a moderate user can be a few days before the drug test. The detox plan should be structured to begin several days before the test for a heavy user.
You can go for a detox kit such as detox shampoo, fake urine products, or the best detox drinks for weed if you can afford it. It affects, what ways to clean will you choose. On the other hand, if you’re conscious of your budget, you can structure your marijuana detox plan on home remedies.
How Do Detoxification and Detox Remedies Work?
There are various detoxification remedies for THC cleanse. The best way is to clean your system, instead of cheating. They can be in the form of therapies, diets, and regimens. They are regarded as ways to detox cleanse for a drug test by removing toxins from your body. Detox regimens or therapies may include one or some of the following:
- Drinking fruit juices or beverages that can serve as detox drinks for weed
- Abstaining from food
- Detox dieting: eating specific foods
- Using commercial products such as dietary supplements, detox shampoo, and mouthwash
- Colon cleansing using colon hydrotherapy, laxatives, and enemas
- Less exposure to the environment
- Home remedies such as the Macujo method.
Mega Clean + PreCleanse Pills
Popular THC Detox Methods
What is the Best Detox Drink for Weed?
1. Mega Clean
This detox drink is a herbal supplement that enables the relevant body systems such as your circulatory, urinary and digestive systems to get rid of toxins. It’s a healthy detoxification method because it doesn’t just get the pot out of your system. It also gives essential minerals and vitamins.
2. Fruit Pectin
You can also call it fruit fiber. It’s commonly used for thickening foods or pastries. It can also be used in the manufacturing of medicine for treating heartburn, high triglycerides, high cholesterol, and many other medical conditions. However, there’s no scientific backup to these claims.
3. Exercise to get weed get weed out of your system
Various forms of exercise can help you flush marijuana out of your system. They do this by making you sweat which is one method to weed cleanse. Some of these exercise routines include:
- Aerobic routines such as swimming, riding a bike, or jogging
- Rebounding on a mini-trampoline (20 minutes per session and 2-3 sessions per week)
- Sage twist pose
- Revolved chair pose
- Shoulder stand pose
While exercising to detoxify your body, avoid consuming energy drinks or fruit juice for hydration. They will hydrate you, but they also contain sugar. So it would help to stick to water.
Sauna helps you get weed out of your system through the same fluid as exercise routines- sweat. As you sweat, THC metabolites will be eliminated from your system. Before opting for a sauna detox, ensure that you consume lots of water. Take water before, during, and after your sauna session to stay hydrated.
Secondly, set a time limit. As a beginner, you can start with 10-minute sessions and gradually work your way up to 40 minutes. The amount of time you spend in a sauna should depend on your daily activity level and tolerance. Finally, be attentive to how your body is feeling after sauna sessions. This method is not for everybody. If you’re feeling sick or tired, discontinue this detox method.
Thirdly, choose a temperature you’re comfortable with. The sauna is usually preheated before your session. You can start on a setting of 7 or lower during your early days, then gradually work your way up.
Lastly, you dry your body with a towel after each sauna detox session. Let your body temperature cool on its own while burning calories simultaneously. Then, take a glass of cool water.
This is another popular method to get negative results when they’re testing a sample of your pee, blood, or saliva. You can dilute to detoxify your body using herbal solutions and diuretic medications. Herbal solutions are made using herbal products and a certain quantity of water, as prescribed by the manufacturer.
Best Detox Products, Pills, Drinks, THC Detox Kit
1. Toxin Rid
Toxin Rid detox kits are 100% natural herbs, vitamins, and minerals, used as a marijuana system cleaner. There are no animal products or fillers used in producing these kits. Toxin Rid has several detox kits to cater to various body types and toxin exposure.
They have kits ranging from the 24-hour kit down to the 10-day kit. For heavy users of marijuana or pot, there’s certainly a heavy buildup of THC on your blood. These users will require any kit ranging from the 7-day or the 10-day kit. In summary, they have seven detox kits:
- 1-day detox
- 2-day detox
- 3-day detox
- 4-day detox
- 5-day detox
- 7-day detox
- 10-day detox
- It comes with a money-back guarantee which shows the manufacturer’s confidence in its efficiency.
- This remedy is comprehensive: it contains detox pills, detox liquid, and dietary fiber.
- It starts working as quickly as 1 hour.
- It’s 100% natural.
- Variety of lengths for the detox kit: can cater to different types of users (moderate, occasional, and heavy)
- Tons of positive reviews and high ratings from customers
- It’s slightly expensive (the price ranges from $55 to $190 depending on the length of the detox).
- The websites are not well detailed.
- The product has no nutritional information or details about the ingredients on it.
- Instructions on usage are vague.
- No proof of the popularity and active social media presence
2. Mega Clean
Mega Clean is a budget-friendly herbal detox drink manufactured by Detoxify. It contains 32 ounces of detox fluid. Unlike other detox drinks, it only flushes out toxins from your bladder and urinary tract temporarily. Nevertheless, it’s one of the best detox drinks for weed because it restores the natural pH and temperature of your urine after cleaning out your system for a drug test.
Some of its ingredients contain vitamins, creatinine, and certain minerals that are also found in real urine. That’s why, when you submit a sample of your pee after ingesting this detox drink, there’s no foul play detected. Unlike Toxin Rid, the usage instructions are quite clear and straightforward.
This detox drink is best 24 hours before your drug test. It’s best combined with Toxin Rid pre-rid pills.
- It’s made using natural ingredients.
- Very reliable on short notice drug testing
- It’s more affordable than Toxin Rid and costs less than $70 on Amazon.
- Unlike Toxin Rid, it has its nutritional information and list of ingredients on it.
- Availability of a full refund or product replacement
- Top-quality detox drink; it restores the chemical balance of your pee after flushing out toxins.
- It flushes marijuana out of your system temporarily.
- Has to work with Toxin Rid pre-rid pills for maximum efficiency
3. Rescue Cleanse
Rescue Cleanse comes in 16 and 32 ounces of detox fluid. It’s manufactured by ClearChoice. It boasts a 99.8% success rate when used properly. Unlike the other two detox drinks, Rescue Cleanse doesn’t exactly flush out these toxins. Instead, it hides them by storing them in your fat cells. The only way THC can be detected in your body is if these fat cells are burned and come out of your body as sweat.
It can do this for 5 hours which is more than enough time for your drug test to take place. This detox drink is not for everyone; occasional and moderate users best use it. However, heavy users or heavier individuals can consume the 32-ounce bottle to detox.
Aside from frequency of usage and body weight, you also need to consider your lifestyle and hydration rate. This THC detox drink will be most effective for those who consume enough water and live active lifestyles.
- Produced by ClearChoice, a leading and trusted detox brand
- Variety of flavors users can choose from; it comes in cran-apple, watermelon, and strawberry-mango flavors.
- Unlike Toxin Rid and Mega Clean, it comes with a 200% money-back guarantee.
- Completely legal to possess
- Long shelf-life; can last for 24 months after purchase.
- You’re strongly advised to avoid using any drug or taking alcohol three days before using Rescue Cleanse.
- It must be taken on an empty stomach, and you must not eat till after your urine test.
- It May leave you feeling bloated after ingesting
Tips To Make Detox Drinks Work Faster
You can speed detoxing by:
- Eating healthy: Always eat food rich in vitamins and minerals to aid the detox process. Eat fruit and vegetables. Eat more protein, legumes, fish and lean meats, and even chicken soup.
- Hydrate: Please ensure you take more water because this will help your body get weed out of your system. Your body organs, precisely your liver, require enough fluids to detoxify your body. For proper hydration, take about 12 cups of water. As an alternative, you can hydrate through beverages such as coffee, tea, and fruit juices low in sugar.
- Be Active: Staying active and fit will enhance your heart rate, which means it will pump more blood. You can swim, ride a bike, or jog regularly.
What To Do If you Need to Cleanse Really Fast?
Well, using synthetic urine is one way. If you have a urine drug test coming up on short notice and you can’t lay your hand on a good detox drink or pill. Instead, you should simply get high-quality synthetic urine. There are a lot of fake urine products on the market, but some of them stand out from the rest. Synthetic urine was manufactured in the lab to be very similar in chemical composition to real pee. It contains creatinine, urea, color, and even odor.
We’ll be looking at two of the best synthetic urine products:
1. Powdered Urine
Powdered urine is technically described as synthetic urine because it went through a processing method to be in dry form. However, it’s real urine in powdered form. Since it’s real urine, there are no legal issues associated with its possession. There’s also no chance of the urine being flagged as synthetic because it’s not.
Powdered Urine is manufactured by Test Clear, and it costs roughly $50. The urine pack contains a vial of powdered urine, a pair of air-activated heaters, a plastic medical transport vial containing a blue pid, and a temperature strip.
- 100% guaranteed to work because it’s real urine
- Relatively affordable
- No legal issues whatsoever
- It’s the best way to pass a urine test.
- You can only use the heaters once. If you need more, you’ll have to buy.
- It’s almost impossible to use if it’s a supervised test.
- Some urine tests may require a pee sample that’s more than 50 ml, and this can be a problem because the vial of blue liquid is only 50 ml.
2. Quick Fix
Quick Fix Urine is arguably the best synthetic urine product in the market. When used according to the instructions, it has a 100% success rate in urine drug tests. The plastic bottle contains 30 ounces of high-quality synthetic urine. In addition, it comes with a money-back guarantee.
This fake urine has been carefully produced to be identical to real urine in chemical composition, smell, color, and appearance. It costs roughly $40 on the official site.
- More affordable than powdered urine
- Lab technicians can’t detect it because it’s identical in composition to real urine.
- It comes with a money-back guarantee which shows how confident the company is in the effectiveness of this fake urine.
- It comes pre-mixed, so there’s no need to mix, unlike powdered urine.
- Similarly to powdered urine, it will be hard to use if it’s a supervised test.
- The usage instructions are quite detailed.
Detox Products and Methods to Avoid
Detoxing is not without its challenges. For example, abstinence from food or fasting is a detox method that you should avoid because it suppresses the detoxification channels in their systems. For this reason, several health practitioners warn against this practice.
Detoxifying regimens, pills, diet, and drinks vary, and they may pose a health risk to certain categories of people. This includes people using certain medications or pregnant women and nursing mothers.
The possible side effects that come with certain detox methods or products include:
- Gastrointestinal complications
- Nausea or vomiting
- Nutritional deficiency (in the case of detox diet because they exclude certain beneficial vitamins and minerals)
- Dehydration (in the case of detox laxatives or diuretics).
FAQs – Frequently Asked Questions
Is there any need to detox if I’m a light user?
It depends on when your drug test is held. Even if you’re a light user, you may need to detox if you used cannabis or pot a few days before the test to have negative results.
Can Lab test THC detox products?
Labs use detox kits to calibrate testing equipment. Manufacturers also test their products in the lab before releasing them into the market.
Do THC detox kits work for hair tests?
If you have a hair follicle test coming up, use a detox hair shampoo. It’s the most effective way to beat a hair test.
What’s the fastest way to detox?
There’s no clear-cut fastest detox method. However, taking lots of water and detox drinks like herbal tea are very quick methods.
Mega Clean + PreCleanse Pills
Studies about Weed Detox and THC Metabolites Masking
Studies have shown that weed or THC detox from regular and heavy usage of cannabis will lead to withdrawal syndrome. The removal or the absence of these toxins may cause certain behavioral symptoms, and the degree of their intensity may be light or moderate.
According to a study, THC metabolites have been detected in a urine test conducted on heavy users of cannabis for a long period after usage and during abstinence. In addition, the test results have alternated between positive and negative in consecutive tests. This makes it unclear to determine if the positive results indicate recent usage or previous usage.
Additional Methods to Pass a Drug Test
There are alternative remedies you can use to beat a drug test:
1. Baking Soda
Baking soda has versatile applications. In this context, it can be used as a mouthwash or toothpaste to beat a saliva test. It can also be used as a laxative, but this is a less common application of baking soda.
2. Certo Sure Gel
This is a relatively affordable way to detox for a urine drug test. It was made using fruit pectin and other ingredients. It’s quite safe and poses few risks. It’s not sold or advertised as a detoxifier, but it’s convenient and easy to use.
This over-the-counter medication is a blood thinner, anti-inflammatory agent and relieves fever. However, it’s also used by regular cannabis users to beat a urine drug test. It may also work for hair follicle tests. However, it comes with side effects, so be sure you don’t have any medical condition that may cause further complications before using this medication.
Niacin is a type of vitamin B3 commonly used to treat hyperlipidemia. Recently, it was advertised online as a fast detoxifier in preparation for urine tests. This led to its adoption by many cannabis users, but there have been cases of users ending up with niacin toxicity.
Tips and Recommendations from Social Media
BlueCornetto, a Reddit user, said that his gym instructor recommended a gallon of distilled water mixed with two tablespoons of lemon juice, a single bag of dandelion tea, and one tablespoon of cranberry juice for a 7-day detox or weed cleanse. This will be coupled with fitness routines in the gym.
Amma13579, another Reddit user who commented on the above post, recommended seeing a doctor because dandelion tea will only dehydrate you and send you to the loo more times than usual.